بسم الله الرحمن الرحیم
Discerning ” … The bi-Merciful … / الرحمن” (Continued)
THE THREE COVENANTS BETWEEN GOD and IBLIS, CONCERNING:
THE EXILED ANGELS
AND THE PROPHETS
THE FIRST COVENANT, CONCERNING “THE EXILED ANGELS” (7:11-18) *
The verses (7:11-18) , refer to the first Covenant (2: 31-32-33) in the last (QF:15) , coincide with expiration of the respite, Granted to the seduced angels for prostration to “Adam”.
The first Covenant takes place in High Heavens and in presence of all the angels, the sinful and the faithful, all together! At this occasion, naturally Adam is absent from the scene; and the absence or distance is pointed out in the way God Calls Adam: (2:33) “O Adam! “
Thus in these set of verses, the first confession of Iblis to his crime, takes place in front of the angels only. Iblis is Debased and Demoted (under each verse, the explanation is given) . Therefore the content of these verses are the words exchanged between God and Iblis; and the respite asked by Iblis, “until the day they are raised up” (v.14) , concerns the revenge of Iblis from his own group and crowd, the seduced angels (who followed him at first, then repented) , present there with him on the occasion; and although they had repented, nevertheless they were to be exiled temporarily, to wipe the sin (pollution) out of their system, down on Earth. So he promises to take his revenge by seducing his group again: (7:11-18) .*
7:11: “In fact, We Created you, then Gave you shape, then Said to the angels to prostrate for Adam; so they prostrated except Iblis, he refused to be of those who prostrated”.
(11) In this verse, the title and the issue of the event is Reminded.
7:12: “He (God) Said: What prevented you from prostrating when I Ordered you? He said I am better than he; You Created me from fire and Created him from clay.”
(v.12) This is the first time that All’h Questions Iblis concerning his revolt. The point to be noted in this verse, is that the name (of Iblis) is not proclaimed, in other word, “O Iblis.” is not prefixing the question; this indicates that the Speaker and the spoken to, are in proximity of One another.
Again it should be noted that, the word: “to prostrate”, means “to accept and acknowledge the priority”; and not necessarily by the actual physical posture of falling down and touching the ground with the forehead, unless it is prefixed by the word: “falling to prostration” (7:120) .
The angels, not being in the proximity of Adam, their acknowledgement to prostration had occurred in proximity of God and from a far distance from Adam. This explains the fact that you never see the word “falling” into prostration for angels, but: (fagha’oo ) = “Befall, occur, happen” in position of prostration, being respectful (15:29) – (Please excuse the repetition of certain things, that due to ages of false ideas on some words, causing deviation and ambiguity from the right meaning in some statements, it is wiser to remind once too often than not enough!)
7:13: “He Said: Then, falloff –decline- from it; it is not for you to be arrogant in it; get out! For you are of the -eternal- debased ones.”
(13) Iblis, is Debased from his position and rank -for the first time-, in front of all the angels.
7:14: “He said: Give me Respite till day they are raised up.”
(14) Why “till day they are raised up ’” instead of just: ‘Day of the Resurrection’ (Youm Al-Ghiama) ? The reason is that these two Events are not exactly the same. ‘Day they are raised up’, concerns different events happening at the ” era” of the end of the world, such as the raising up of the jinns, precisely in this verse; the raising up of man from death; the raising up of the three Messengers (Ch.36) for their mission; the raising up of some people after death (21:95, 96, 97) ; all these events happen in the era of the end of the world (from now on, beginning with the Event of the second Opening of the Qur’an, till the End, year 2280!)
7:15: “He (God) Said: Be you of those who have Respite!”
(15) So, God Grants respite to Iblis to revenge from his own kind.
7:16: “-Iblis- said: As You Tricked me, I will lie in wait for them on Your Straight Path,.”
(16) The Straight Path of God, Being the same for jinn and human; it is the Path leading to God, straight without deviation of idolatry, to the Highest Heaven.
7:17: “then will I assault them, from before them and behind them, from their rights and from their lefts; and You Will not find most of them thanksgiving.”
(17) The “rights and lefts”, being in plural, referring to the “two Easts and two Wests” of the two (parallel) planets (55:17) of Jinn and Man. The fact of Planet Earth being “egg shaped” (79:30) (and not round) , due to Science, such cases after certain time, the planet will be reversed (east becomes west, west becomes east) ! Moreover, referring to (37:166: “… And we are in fact the celebrators of praise.) , the act of “glorifying and praising the Lord” is attributed to angels. Angels being made of energy of God, the act of “praising/ thanksgiving” charges their Energy, thus it is their “provision” (Just as for us: “acknowledgement of Blessings of God, multiplies the Blessings.”) And in:
(39:75: “… And you will see the angels encompassing all around the Throne praising the Glory of their Lord; it is decreed between them in justice and they are saying: Praise to All’h, the Lord of people of the World”)
It concerns the group of angels/ jinns whose conviction to the Lord has been proven in the World, and now they are back to High Heaven, glorifying and praising, as they used to. So the sentence: (7:17: “… and You Will not find most of them thanksgiving”) , refers to those angels / jinns who will not make their way up and remain on Earth/Hell.
7:18: “He Said: Get out from this, disgraced and exiled -driven to a Distance; any of them—angels / jinns—following you, Hell Will I fill with you all.”
(18) Here it becomes evident that the Spoken-to is Iblis, and the unappreciative angels of Iblis’s homogeny, who were present when Ordered to descend. In the sentence:
“… Hell Will I fill with you all.” the word “you all”, refers to Iblis and his kind, gathered all there in close vicinity to God!
The way to seduce jinn and human for Satan being nearly the same, we can only distinguish their difference by these small details! THE SECOND COVENANT; AND SECOND CONFESSION OF IBLIS CONCERNING “MANKIND” (15:26-43) *: The contents of these verses are directed specifically to Man. This time, contrary to precedent set of (vs) , it contains more information about Iblis’s crime; information which only mankind was not aware of; hence I draw your attention to them: The difference between this set of verses (15:26-43) , and the precedent ones (7:11-18) , is that in these (vs) , the contemptibility and expelling of Iblis that occurred only in the presence of the angels (7:13) , is not mentioned, as it has no direct connection to mankind, being absent at that occasion.
15:26: “And in fact We Created the Man of sounding clay, of aged -stagnant, black- mud;
15:27: “And the Jâan–angels- We Had Created them before, from the fume –tempest- of fire”.
(26-27) The title is Reminded; and for the first time, information is detailed about the creation of Man –clay, aged mud etc; a fact to be discovered in our time through Science, proving the veracity of the Qur’an; plus the information for human about the Creation of “jâan / angels” that has occurred before his own!
15:28: “And when your Lord Said to the angels: ‘I Am -in the process of- Creating a man of sounding clay, of aged -stagnant, black- mud;
(28) In this v., the important information –apart from the kind of mud in which man was created—is for man to know that his Creation has been through processes and evolution –and not just by a “fairy-wand.”
15:29: “When I Have Proportioned –Equaled- him, and Breathed into him of My Spirit, then befall prostrating for him.”
(29) In this v., for the first time God Reveals to the angels that He Has Blown of His Spirit into Man –humankind is the only Creature holding the Spirit of God. This being the reason of the prior-ship of human over the angel; now the angels know that they owe humankind prostration -the right of priority and respect.
The word used with ‘prostrating’ in here, is befall, meaning: establish/occur!
15:30: “So all the angels prostrated, the whole lot of them,”
(30) In this v; at last the angels become aware of the reason for the priority of human over themselves! Thus they all, the submitted and the rebelled ones, have prostrated. And this is the reason for the sentence “the whole lot of them” being well specified.
15:31: “But not so Iblis; he refused to be amongst those who prostrated.
(31) In this v; the rebellion of Iblis, his refusal to honor the Spirit of God in man, is in a separate verse, although it makes part of the precedent one. This indicates the importance of the sentence for humankind to keep in mind as a whole, individual verse.
15:32: “He Said: O Iblis! What is it that you are not among those who prostrated?”
(32) In this (v.) ; there are two points that clarifies the difference with 1st Covenant:
(7:12: “He said: What prevented you from prostrating when I Ordered you? )
- In (v.32) Iblis is Spoken-to in proclamation (O Iblis!) meaning he is in a far distance and no longer in the vicinity close to God. So the issue of the first Covenant with angels—up in Heaven—is past at this occasion.
- God’s Question to Iblis is put in a different way just to show a different situation.
15:33: “He said: I am not one to prostrate to Man, whom You Created from sounding clay, from aged mud”
(33) In this verse the word Man is particularly mentioned; and in the Qur’an this is the second confession of Iblis to his rebellion.
15:34: “He Said: Therefore get out of it -rank and place- for you are being ‘stoned -expelled-“.
(34) The word stoned, relates only to mankind and the material World. It is a must for humankind to remember the fact that Satan is to be stoned and driven away, as having been also expelled by God (also symbolically ritualized in “Mecca”) .
15:35: “And the curse (of human) shall be on you till Day of The Religion.”
(35) This v. is about human cursing Satan, till the appearance of The Religion. (Religion of the Creator/All’h) that clarifies all about Satan, indicating the Straight Path of God (and the ending era of the World) for all people of the World.
15:36: “He said: My Lord, then Give me Respite till Day they are raised;”
(36) Referring to Human to be raised; the word “then” in this verse, indicates a repetition.
15:37: “He Said: Respite is Granted to you,”
(37) So respite is also Granted for revenge against man;-
15:38: “till Day of the time -everything be- known”
Such a time concerning only the World, and humankind (time, nonexistent out of planet earth) refers to the period of time when eventually Science would make everything known for people; informing them about the right and wrong concerning their inner and outer World; moreover, by informing the mathematical Proof of the authenticity of the Qur’an, people willingly or compellingly, have to believe the Existence of God, hence through His Word, concerning Satan, angels, jinns etc.
15:39: ” (Iblis) Said: My Lord, as You Tricked me, I will adorn for them on the earth, tricking the whole lot of them,”
(39) To be seduced and tricked by the worldly adornments also, is only attributed to mankind.
15:40: “except those among your servants/worshipers, devoting -the worship- to You Alone!”
(40) This phrase again being put in an individual verse, although belonging to the precedent one; is the most important information for humankind to keep in mind! That the only way for avoiding to be tricked by Satan, is to devote their worship Only to God Alone (without associating Prophets, Imams and saints, or other worldly idols) !
15:41: “-All’h- Said: This indeed is a Way leading straight to Me.”
15:42: “As to My servants/worshipers, no authority shall you have over them, except the seduced ones who follow you;”
(41-42) This v. lets us know that Satan has no controlling power over us unless we allow ourselves to be over powered by him to go astray.
15:43: “And truly Hell is the Promised place for the whole lot of them.”
(43) In this verse “the whole lot of them” refers to mankind .
Conclusion: The verses in Chapter 15, inform us that the three Day/period/era, Mentioned in the Qur’an: “Day they are raised”, “Day of the Religion” and “Day of the time-everything- known”, are contemporaneous! The interpreters and translators of the Qur’an up to now, have considered all the three Day as the “Day of Resurrection/Judgment Day –Youm Alghiama-“, but this is not so. The word “Day of the Resurrection”, already exists in the Qur’an -in (17:62) etc., and scientific proof was presented earlier (ref. part 13) that two different words having exactly the same meaning, is nonexistent in the Qur’an! Thus, it is absurd to think that God Would Use Words just to Confuse us.
Finally, what is the purpose of mentioning three different Day, when most certainly God’s changing words are NEVER without reason? In conclusion, we get our answers by digging into the meaning of these three Statements deeply, to find their differences of Events. This information being of fundamental importance for us people of our time; the followings are some explanations regarding the three Day‘: 1. “Day of The Religion”: First it is specified: the Religion -and not any religion. Day = beside “period and era”; shows: enlightening, manifest, evident, clearness, daylight. And the essential meaning of the Religion, means: “Universal Law”, the General Rule and order that regulates the very essence of all things; in another word: “The Way Advised by The Creator for the functioning system of All things”!
Therefore, the Period/era of time that people would become enlightened by knowledge about the Only Religion, the Religion of the Creator! The One that Has Created everything and Knows the Rules and Religion for everything (as no one but God has ever created, not even a fly) ; thus, the best Admonishment for human’s well-being and Health (of body and soul) . The enlightenment of the Religion, coincides with the manifestation of all sorts of rebellion, perturbation and diseases of man’s inner and outer World. In the light of Knowledge, human clearly sees the outcome of his rejecting God/Creator’s Rules/Religion. Therefore, since such a Day concerns humanity, it is brought up in (Ch. 15 and 38) , and not so in Chapter 7, concerning angels/jinn.
More explanation to come in “The discernment of the Religion of God”. 2. “Day of the time -everything be- known”: This Day, points to the time of Human’s acquisition of science and knowledge, shedding light on all unknown things (latest scientific discovery of: “The String Theory/The Theory of Everything”!!) . Today we are living in such a Day. All the discoveries of Science of our time, not only have brought knowledge about “All’h/الله “, the Four Forces of the Creation and our Creator, and ourselves, but also correlate the verses of the Qur’an concerning “The Religion of God”.
The quality and attribute of God’s Law for general well being and Health…of mind and body…keep being discovered by our contemporary science, all the time. Actually, these discoveries are introduced to people of our time through news and media, yet without realizing that it is actually God’s Law that is introduced, and in fact they are all the Rules, set in the Qur’an since 1400 years ago.
This being the true meaning of “Day of the Religion” and “Day of the time known”, corroborating one another, they move towards the same goal, that is the manifestation of God’s Religion. 3. “Day they are raised/awakened”: “Being raised”, meaning: to raise, rouse, awake, to draw forth, to cause to happen, and has been used in the Qur’an in the following applications: Being raised after death; Being raised as Messenger; In (2:55-56) : Some people of Moses being raised after having died by thunder and lightening, while others were watching. In (21:95-96) : Some people being raised after death in this World in future or maybe, one of these days; Jinn being raised for Judgment; Calamity being raised; Villainous men being raised –for ruling and governing; Witness being raised; etc.
Note well that any of the above mentioned, could be part of “Day they are raised”; and the period and time of the three Events, “Day they are raised”, “Day of the Religion” and “Day of the time known”, are during the two last centuries before the end of the World; in other word, our time now, as we are living the last two centuries of the World. Now, the difference between: “Day they are raised”; “Day of the rising up” (30:56) ; “Day of the Resurrection” “Day of the Resurrection”, is the ‘Judgment’ day! The rising up of mankind altogether from dead, as well as the Jinns. This is after the destruction of the solar system and this World altogether –keeping in consideration that the rising up of man from dead, is not the same as Jinn! Since Jinn does not possess “material” body, hence does not have physical death, but they will be raised for judgment (72:7: “And they-jinn- think as you thought, that All’h Would not raise up no one-to judgment-“) Therefore, “Day of the Resurrection” is specifically used as the resurrection of the whole mankind and jinn for Judgment, after the end of the World, and not for any other purpose in the Qur’an. Day of the rising up”
(30:56) *:* “And said those endued with knowledge and faith: in fact you tarried due to All’h’s Book till day of ‘the Rising up’, then this is ‘day of Rising up’, but you were not aware.”
(This is Day/ era of the time that everything mentioned above (being raised/awakened) , concerning the rising up of “the three Messengers”, and eventually some arising from death; without being the Resurrection Day.) “Day they are raised”: As mentioned above, is applicable for “Judgment; life; missionary”: In (7:14) : Satan asks respite to take revenge from his own kind until “Day they are raised” for Judgment; since Jinn does not die physically, thus Satan has time to seduce them until they are raised/stood up for Judgment. In (15:36) : Reference to some people being raised after death (21:95-96-97) as proof for Reality. This is the time when “doors will open to Gog and Magog’ productivity”; and the Hour (of the end of the World) is approaching. Satan asks respite to revenge from human till this event, as after this event, naturally the falsehood of Satan will be manifest for human. In (38:79) : Reference to the “three Messengers of All’h”, Time, Science and the Book, being raised, coinciding with “Day of the Religion” and “Day of the time known”. At this period, the respite is eventually coming to its end, as with the raising up of the “three Messengers”, the work and trickery of Satan eventually becomes evident and everyone will know all about him, through Knowledge and The Book; also by the disastrous result on people who had followed his way in their life time.
In (17:61-65) , more information is Given on Devil’s mode of operation as to how he seduces humankind. The verses emphasize the reasoning above, regarding “Day of the Resurrection”.
17:61: “And when We Said to the angels: ‘prostrate to Adam’, they did except Iblis; he said: ‘Shall I prostrate to one whom You Created from clay?”
(61) Title of the subject
17:62: “He said: You see this one that You Honor above me, if You Delay me till Day of the Resurrection, I will put barnacles on all his descendants, but a few.”
(62) In this v., besides referring to the animal nature of man (a confirmation of Darwin’s theory) , Satan asks his retribution to be delayed; note well that it is different from asking respite for the revenge.
17:63: “He Said, Go away! Then any of them following you, verily Hell will be your recompense, an ample recompense.”
17:64: “And provoke those whom you can among them by your voice –noise, sound-, attract them by your cavalry and infantry, share with them in wealth and children and make promises to them. But the Satan promises them nothing but deceit.
17:65: “As for My servants, no authority shall you have over them; and Enough Is your Lord as Advocate.”
(63-64-65) More information for people to know about Satan that he intrigues through sound and noise; he participates in wealth and children through illegitimacy; but most important information being that Satan has no power and no authority over any one choosing God as his Guide, and following His Way. So, Satan has no authority over human, unless his own choice to allow him. THE THIRD COVENANT/AFFIDAVIT CONCERNING THE “MESSENGERS”; -AND THE END OF -the name/ title- Iblis, IN THE QUR’AN (38:65-88) *: These verses concerning the Prophets and Messengers, have been the last Covenant that which became a Treaty (verse: 84) . From this point on, the name Iblis is no longer Mentioned, nor his story told in the Qur’an. And ever since his descent to Exile, the Earth, he loses also his original name, Iblis, and will be known by the adjective-name, “the Satan”/ –Al-Shaïtan. The root word of “shaïtan” is: shatana, meaning: “Tying with a rope”, “opposing”, “nullifying”, “obstructing”, “distorting” and “thwarting” -making barren; precisely all his basic nature! Consequently, anything Said by the name: Al- Shaitan in the Qur’an, points to his time on Earth, practicing his satanic schemes on human and jinn/ (the fallen angels) .
38:65: “Say: Truly I am a Warner, and there is no god but ALL’H, the Only Conqueror;”
(65) This group of verses, precisely starting with the sign of Warner/Messenger, is the third and last Event of the Covenant with Iblis, concerning his respite to revenge from God through His Prophets and Messengers. So, in this verse and the next one, there is the most important factor of Message and preaching of any Warner/Messenger of God, arising on earth to retain and get admonished by; and which is the precise aim of Satan to confuse and deviate people from:
- To know and recognize the Warner, by the Signs and his Proclamations;
- to know that there is no other god but “the God/Creator”, Who is the Only Conqueror at the End.
– 38:66: “The Lord of the heavens and the earth and all between, the Almighty, the Forgiver;”
(66) The fact to remember that the Real Lord of all angels in heaven and people of the World is none but “All’h”! To know that He Is Almighty and meanwhile He Is oft Forgiving the errors and sins, for those fallen into Satan’s trap, by repenting! All of which the “event of Iblis’s respite” that is about to be Declared.
38:67: “Say: That is indeed a great news,” (67) Which I am about to inform; no others have known about it!
38:68: “From which you do turn away!”
(68) You do not realize the importance of this Event! You should concentrate and recognize the Signs in it.
38:69: “No knowledge could I have about the High above’ assembly—the court of heaven- when they started antagonizing among themselves.”
(69) This being a Divine information, as no man could have known of what happened in High Heaven (scientifically: above Planck’s Wall) , where the angels reside.
38:70: “If this has been Revealed to me, it is only because I am a manifest Warner!”
(70) “Revelation”, only comes to Warners /Prophets and Messengers.
38:71: “When your Lord Said to the angels: ‘I am—in process of—Creating a mankind from clay”
38:72: “So, when I Proportioned/Equaled him and Breathed into him of My Spirit, befall prostrating for him “
(71-72) The two verses above, are as titles, reminding the continuation of the event of: (15: 26-43, the 2nd Covenant with Iblis concerning his respite to revenge from Man) and as this third Covenant concerns Satan’s revenge from Prophets and Messengers, then the Event has taken place at the same time. But note well that the title does no more start with the preceding word and, showing the end, and no more continuation of this matter from these verses onward.
38:73: “So all the angels prostrated, the whole lot of them,”
38:74: “Except Iblis; he conceited and became of the—ever—Rejecters”
(73-74) In here, we are informed about Iblis’s arrogance and his condemnation to perpetuity; something that had not been announced before. Note well that the reason for Iblis’s arrogance being mentioned here, is that God Had Chosen ” man” to be His “Representative” on earth instead of him; and God’s Representative on earth are Prophets and Messengers.
38:75: “-All’h- Said: O Iblis, what prevented you from prostrating to one whom I Created with My Own Hands? You conceited! Did you –think- you are of the ever sublime one?”
(75) Creation by God’s Hands, is a confirmation that the angels were not involved nor present for the Creation of Man; and that he had an exaggerated opinion of himself, thinking he was sublime! The Only ever Sublime one is Only God.
38:76: “-Iblis- Said: I am better than he; You Created me from fire and Created him of clay.”
(76) This completes the three time confession of Iblis to his guilt and violation of God’s Command.
38:77: “-All’h- Said: Therefore get out of it -rank and place- for you are stoned -driven away,”
38:78: “And My Curse shall be on you till Day of the Religion.”
(77-78) This verse, like (15:35) , is about cursing Satan; but in 15:35 is about the curse of human on Satan, and his enmity toward human; in this verse, it refers to God’s Curse as it concerns the enmity toward God, and his revenge from God’s Representatives.
38:79: “-Iblis- Said: My Lord Give me then respite till Day they are raised.”
(79) “Till Day they are raised”, is the period of time that the three Messengers of God, Time, Science and the Book, are raised and that is coherent with “Day of the time known”.
38:80: “-All’h- Said: Respite then is Granted to you,”
38:81: “Till Day of the time –everything be- known.”
38:82: “-Iblis- Said: Then, -I swear- by Your Might, I will trick the whole lot of them,”
(80-81-82) This oath of Iblis is very significant, because as these verses concern the Messengers of God, then we are dealing with the “Might” of God.
38:83: “except those among your servants devoted to You Alone.”
38:84: “-All’h- Said: So, this is the fact, and I Speak the fact,”
(83-84) God Confirms the fact about these Covenants, Giving His Word:
38:85: “That I Shall certainly fill Hell of you, and those among them who follow you, altogether!”
(85) This concerns the whole lot of Jinn and Man together.
38:86: “Say: I am not asking you for any reward for it, nor that I am compelled with obligation;”
(86) Among the Signs of a Messenger, is that they do not ask for any reward; and a Messenger has no obligation toward the people, but to declare God’s Message, and is in no way responsible for their rejection and deviation.
38:87: “This is but a Reminder for all the people of the World,”
(87) This is the Time everything is known, science bringing knowledge for everything: the Truth concerning The God, about Satan, discovering remedies for Satan’s damages, even genetically.etc; also in bringing the mathematical Proof of the authenticity of the Qur’an, and the Word of God being confirmed scientifically, Thus eventually the Qur’an becomes the Reminder for all the people of the world, no matter the actual wrong opinion of the people about It!
38:88: “And you shall certainly be informed of It after a while”.
(88) Such a fact, concerning confirmation of science for “The Qur’an”, will certainly not take long to spread out and propagate; therefore everyone will soon be informed about it.